Woodwind, Brass and Musical Instrument Repairs in Doncaster, South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire
The following services are currently available:
Your instrument will be thoroughly checked for leaks, pads will be reseated and regulated; I will replace two pads as per price list, springs and one tenon cork, or fit joints on a flute.
Full Service - as part of a full service, I will carry out the following work as required:
- Strip, clean or polish all keywork as needed and degrease pads, rodscrews and barrels
- Check pillar alignment (saxophones and flutes)
- Degrease pads, check for wear and replace as needed
- Check tone holes for level and for rough spots on saxophones (levelling is offered at an additional cost)
- Replace missing key corks, two springs and two tenon cork
- Re-cork tenon fittings where required
- Replacing damaged pads at the relevant cost per pad
- Oil all parts, reassemble seat pads and regulate mechanism
- Play testing to ensure your instrument is in working order!
- Short service: as with full service, but without cleaning
Please note that for badly tarnished silver plate on bodies and keywork, extra charges will apply.
The following charges apply for replacement pads:
- Clarinet and oboe - £2.75 each
- Cork pads - £4.00 each
- Flute - £3.50 each
- Saxophone - from £8.00 each (depending on size)
- Bassoon - £8.00
As for full service, but replacing all pads. Includes tone hole levelling and minor key-wear.
Take a look around the site or contact us to see other services we also offer.